Thu, May 21|
COVID Happy Hour: Lessons and Opportunities Responding to the Pandemic
Tune in to hear from top experts in our area discuss lessons learned, successful communications strategy, crisis communications planning moving forward and how to plan for a new normal during this pandemic.
Time & Location
May 21, 2020, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
About The Event
MODERATOR: Chris Turnbull, Director of Corporate Communications at Carilion Clinic and Blue Ridge PRSA Chapter President
- Tiffany Bradbury, Community Engagement Manager, City of Roanoke: Tiffany has been orchestrating pandemic communications for the largest municipality in southwest Virginia.
- Jen Eddy, Chief Marketing Strategist, Eddy Alexander: Jen has been on working with dozens of nursing home and long-term care facilities during the pandemic.
- Mark Owczarski, Assistant Vice President for University Relations, Virginia Tech: Mark has been navigating the impact of the pandemic on higher education.
KEY QUESTIONS THEY’LL ANSWER:
- What is the most important communications lesson you’ve learned since the pandemic began?
- What’s one strategy or tactic that worked well for you during the pandemic? What’s one that didn’t?
- How will responding to the pandemic change your crisis communications strategy going forward?
- What’s your best advice for establishing a new normal?
Questions from the audience will also be permitted.
This event is supported by an in-kind sponsorship from Roanoke County Public Schools.