Summer Internship Opportunity
Time & Location
About The Event
PRSSA Internship Description
The Public Relations Society of America, Blue Ridge Chapter is seeking an intern to assist our team in creating a series of webinars for communications professionals and students.
Our PRSA chapter serves Central and Southwest Virginia public relations practitioners with the purpose of enhancing the practice, providing networking opportunities and promoting professional development. Additionally, we provide support to four active PRSSA chapters at Virginia Tech, Liberty University, University of Lynchburg and Washington and Lee University.
Preference will be given to PRSSA members who are in good standing with one of our affiliated PRSSA chapters. While this position is unpaid, the interactions with prominent communications professionals in our area will offer real world experience and unique learning opportunities.
The main responsibility of the interns will be to plan and implement a biweekly webinar series to help our PRSA and PRSSA chapters connect, recruit, and fundraise during this time of COVID-19 social distancing.
Other internship functions and assignments may include:
- Working with top communications professionals to secure speakers and coordinate webinars
- Developing a social media promotion calendar for the webinars
- Researching available tele- and video-conference technology as a resource to communicate with PRSSA chapter leaders
- Brainstorming with PRSSA chapter leadership creative ways for recruitment and fundraising for PRSSA chapters
- Participating in weekly check-in calls with internship administrators to report on progress
- Assisting PRSA chapter with other projects if needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency using Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working with various web platforms (Wix particularly) and social media channels
- Computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Time-management skills and self-disciplined with a great work ethic
- Team player who is accountable and deadline oriented
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Capability to work remotely
Internship Schedule: Flexible. Hours per week will vary.
Submission Process: • Cover letter and resume is required • Submit by Friday, June 5 to Chapter Administrator Allie Buth at firstname.lastname@example.org
*No benefits or payment will be offered.