Forum Posts

allisonbuth
Mar 18, 2019
In Board Meeting Minutes
📷 Administrative 1. February 14, 2019 Minutes Approval a. Scott, motion to approve. Jess, seconded i. Approved 📷 Financial Reports 1. Teresa Hamilton Hall to provide treasurer update a. Sherry and Teresa to connect and share treasurer update with executive committee at next meeting. 📷 Committee Reports 1. Luncheon and Other Programming: Chris Turnbull • April, confirming travel expenses, Locked in • June, Panel social media, locked in. Group has met and is sorting out details. • Jen: Following up with August speaker to confirm date. June 13 or October 10 also a possibility. • National PRSA conference, April. Chris is registered. Carilion covering cost. 2. Membership Report: Lori Greiner • 68 active members. Break even. 3. Hospitality Report: Linda Scarborough: No report. 4. Public Service: Hannah Cline: No report. 5. Professional Development Update –Chris reported that Linda Staley has secured a speaker for the Shenandoah Club, Tuesday, April 30th - Chris confirming details 6. Awards & Gala: Chuck Lionberger/Jennifer Eddy • No updates, Jen to connect with Chuck 7. Mid-Atlantic District Updates: Scott Ramsburg • Call report: Looking for APR bootcamp host chapter for 2020. Heidi, worth considering. Scott getting details. Chris, wonder if we could connect that with Catherine Fox with VBR. 8. Website / Social Media: Scott Ramsburg • Better utilizing website for membership tracking. Scott, requests headshots from officers. 9. PRSSA Engagement: Heidi Ketler • Updates expected at April 9th meeting 10. Ethics: Douglas Cannon • No ethical issues filed. PRSA ethics month is September. • Casey Myers now a member of the Board of Ethics and International Standards 📷 New Business 1. Upcoming meeting announcements (Jes Gearing – PR and Pints) • Next PR & Pints is at Deshutes, downtown. Hoping for more board participation. 3 people attended last month. • Jen suggests also loading to DRI calendar for those working downtown. • Working on Blacksburg location, TBD • Looking for collaborative partners. Reaching out to RBTC for possible collaboration and cross-promotion. • Possibly incorporate 2-3 minute member presentations 2. Membership Round Table Discussion (Supporting documents attached) • Membership: Lori: Need commitment/agreement from board that we are trying to grow and by what number. • Need to improve advertising events/offerings on social. • Is there something we can hand to a potential member that would help facilitate registration? Possibly half sheets at check-in tables for event. • Jen suggests sharing National’s webinars and online events. • March good membership offer, free chapter membership • We were up to 100 members 3-4 years ago. We can do it again. • Board members commit to contacting 5+ members in the next 30 days. • Jen suggests call center night. Group together and make calls together. • Maybe PR Pints Night turns into membership and make calls. 3. New Business • Digital Marketing Specialist, Dave Rohrer: Visiting Roanoke Regional Partnership to speak. Chris sending out details. Could be a good collaborative opportunity. • RRP summer internship program may offer collaborative opportunities. • Scott: AFC potential partnership opp. Chris giving them a call. Will update the Board in April. 📷 Adjourn: 11:41 a.m. Next Board Meeting: Thursday, April 11 – 11:00 a.m.
0
0
4
allisonbuth
Feb 15, 2019
In Board Meeting Minutes
Present: Teresa Hall (President) Chris Turnbull (President-Elect) Sherry Wallace (Treasurer) Jeremy Butterfield (Secretary) Jes Gearing (Director at Large, Liberty Professional Advisor) Heidi Ketler, APR (PRSSA Committee Chair, University of Lynchburg Professional Advisor) Chuck Lionberger, APR (APR Committee Chair) Lori Greiner (Membership) Scott Ramsburg (Immediate Past President) Cayce Myers (Director at Large) Douglas Cannon APR (Ethics Chair, VT Faculty Advisor) Absent: Jennifer Eddy (Director at Large, VT Professional Advisor) Chris Finley (RU Professional Advisor) Linda Scarborough (Director at large) Administrative: Teresa Hamilton Hall 1. January 10, 2019 Minute Approvals a. Chuck motion to approve, Chris seconded. Financial Report: Teresa Hamilton Hall 1. Treasurer Report: Balance same as last year • Current balance = $23,183 Old Business / Committee Reports 1. PRSSA Workshop • Discussion about PRSSA workshop and engaging students earlier, plus bringing better speakers. Heidi asked to do a bullet point proposal about improvements and board can vote on dollar amount. Heidi wants more help planning fall conference. Offline conversation will be held with professional advisors. 2. Luncheon Programming: Chris Turnbull • April – Almost locked in. Should know next week. • June – Social media maturity assessment (panel) • August – Potential speaker nearly lined up • October – Advocacy with NYC • December – US News Assistant Manager 3. PR & Pints • January was success. February is at Olde Salem. March at Deschutes 4. Awards: Chuck Lionberger • Spring judging will be in March. Volunteers needed. o Can we combine a bit with PR & Pints? 5. Membership Report: Lori Greiner • Lori: PRSA National Promos, wave initiation and chapter dues. Only for new members. Good opportunity for us, need to share. • 66 current members, no new members since January. • Chris notes, many pros with small non-profits or organizations don’t have the resources to join. • Chris: Membership drive campaign recommended. o Lori to come up with a plan to present for next meeting. 6. Discussion around paid social promotion for PRSA events. a. Chris motion $500 for the year and reevaluate as needed, Chuck seconded. Board approves New Business 1. APR update from Chuck: Two candidates in process. Meeting adjourned at 11:48 a.m. Respectfully submitted. Jeremy Butterfield, Secretary 2019
0
0
2
allisonbuth
Jan 31, 2019
In Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting commenced at 10:30 a.m. Administrative: Teresa Hamilton Hall - December 14, 2018 Minutes Approval o Chris - Moves to approve, with revisions o Sherry - Seconded - Review Committee/PRSSA Assignments o Heidi providing list of professional/faculty advisors (Attached) Financial Report: Teresa Hamilton Hall - Bank Transition and Financial Update o Teresa/Scott closed Wells Fargo account and transitioned fully to Bank of Botetourt. Bank cards are in the mail. o Teresa/Scott finalizing budget report to present at February meeting. Old Business / Committee Reports 1. Luncheon and Other Programming: Chris Turnbull a. Review of 2019 Program Year document i. Chris to update event planning calendar sent 12/20/18 for February meeting. ii. Meet-ups: 4th Thursday of the month. Event name: Pints & PR suggested. iii. Luncheons: · See attached updated planning document “2019 Program Year Calendar V2.docx” iv. PRSSA Event: September 6th, 3:30 – 6:30pm at Green Ridge Recreation Center · Action Item: Organize small group to support Heidi in planning event. Jen volunteered. v. Pitch Academy: May 8, Jen confirming date. vi. Journalist Orientation: Hannah to provide update. vii. Summit Awards: November, Hotel Roanoke confirmed. viii. Past Presidents: Chris/Linda planning. ix. Executive Board Meetings: Reserved space at Jefferson College · Action Item: Jeremy to send updated calendar invite. x. Executive Board Check-in: Months with Luncheons, Board meets at 11a.m. 2. Membership Report: Lori Greiner a. Lori reviewed report. (sent 1/10/19) Jen suggests creating a New Member Ambassador committee and opening up participation to entire PRSA membership. Lori reaching out to members to gather interested participants. Chris suggests Whitney (City of Roanoke), Taylor (don’t know if she has returned to work), Connie Stevens (United Way) b. Group Discount for Higher Ed. – Lori investigating. Chris planting seed with Tracey (VT) for group discount rate. Number of communicators at Radford as well. 3. Hospitality Report: Linda Scarborough (Teresa provided update) a. Hotel Roanoke luncheons, Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, and Gala all confirmed. 4. Public Service: Hannah Cline (Chris provided update) a. Focus is on new media orientation event. b. Roanoke Collective Response: Local group committed to battling opioid crisis. Collective wondering how PRSA can help. Jen suggests working with local journalist on a team basis to confront opioid crisis. · Action Item: Chris defining need from Collective. 5. Professional Development Update: Chris Turnbull a. Chris to further detail Past Presidents events. More to come. 6. Awards & Gala: Chuck Lionberger/Jennifer Eddy a. We judge NC chapter this year. Judging begins in April. · Action Item: Chuck putting out call for judging help. b. Revisions for Call for Entries: May be a need to review categories. Jen brought Judges Retreat concept for discussion. Chuck says its been a challenge in the past. · Action Item: Jen suggests reviewing Award Categories at February meeting. 7. Mid-Atlantic District Updates: Scott Ramsburg a. To report in February. 8. Website / Social Media: Scott Ramsburg a. Actively working to overhaul site. Goal to launch at February Luncheon. b. Jes added as Facebook admin. 9. PRSSA Engagement: Heidi Ketler a. Submitting report to Secretary. (Attached) 10. Ethics: Douglas Cannon a. To report in February. New Business - Upcoming meeting announcements o See Luncheon/Programming - Round Table o Chris opens for discussion, submitting committee reports ahead of time and transitioning to a consent agenda to encourage more time spent on dialogue and decision making. Members agree. Board needs to commit to sending reports early. § Action Item: Secretary to send board report reminders one week prior to Executive meetings. Next Board Meeting: Check-In, Thursday, February 14 – 11:00am @Hotel Roanoke Meeting adjourned at 11:52 a.m. Respectfully submitted. Jeremy Butterfield, Secretary 2019
0
0
4
allisonbuth
Jan 02, 2019
In Board Meeting Minutes
It’s good to have you here! Feel free to share anything - stories, ideas, pictures or whatever is on your mind. Here you can start discussions, connect with members, reply to comments, and more. Have something to say? Leave a comment or share a post!
Welcome to the Forum! content media
0
0
0
allisonbuth
Admin
More actions